Welcome to the Foundation Phase!
We are a lively and friendly class of 21 pupils ranging in age from 4-7 years old. We enjoy learning to recognize and form letters and numbers, count, read and much more! Our theme for this half term is Supermarkets. We will be learning about:
This half term we are be studying the theme HAPPINESS!
This project focuses on and teaches children about the importance of happiness, health, well-being and celebrations.
At the heart of this project children will write explanation texts and develop additional skills of sentence writing, use of adjectives and writing to record ideas and experiences.
In this project the children will learn:
• How to understand and appreciate their own feelings and the feelings of others;
• How to eat healthily and how this affects your well being;
• How to keep safe and how being safe keeps us happy and well;
• How to describe emotions and feelings through drama, dance, art and music;
• About significant happy life events that are celebrated;
• How to collect information in a variety of ways, including photography, art, music, reading, ICT and writing;
• How to keep their bodies healthy